Health Professions Week 2020
Saturday, November 14
Health Talks – Short, impactful videos from a variety of professionals in health careers. We’re proud to offer you short video sessions on topics like Perseverance from our partners at Tour for Diversity in Medicine, as well as many other stories that are just as compelling.
Location: HPW YouTube Channel
Sunday, November 15
HPW Check-Ups – Short, impactful videos on how to balance life, money and career from financial and health professionals. Take a minute for some self-care with a special, interactive video from certified yoga therapist, Kimberli Boyd.
Location: HPW YouTube Channel
Parents, we have exclusive content from our partners at SMARTTRACK® for you to watch on Sunday. To learn more and take the free assessment, use this custom link to create your complimentary SMARTTRACK® account.
Monday, November 16
Virtual Scavenger Hunt – Track down these healthcare icons and discover a career treasure you’ll love.
Location: HPW Website
Tuesday, November 17
HPW Chat – two chances to participate!
Join Kaplan Test Prep for a live Quiz Bowl at 2pm ET/11am PT on Instagram.
Then come back at 8pm ET/5pm PT
Join HPW at 8pm ET for a live chat with health professionals, current students and staff for tips on professionalism.
Location: HPW Instagram
Wednesday, November 18
Super Savvy Money Game – Play for a chance to win your dream career* while making an action plan for financing education. *Dream careers awarded after participants work hard and earn their degrees. Eligibility, any student with a dream.
Location: HPW Website and HPW YouTube Channel
Thursday, November 19
Virtual Fair – HPW signature live event! Chat with professionals and current students from more than 20 professions.
Location: HPW on CareerEco
How to Win Prizes at HPW2020
Participating students can enter to win one of thirty gift cards valued at $100 each or one of eight scholarships valued at $500. We also have 5 sets of Kaplan Subject Review Books to give away in November! It’s really simple to become eligible to win – log into the virtual fair on Thursday, November 19th from 3-8pm Eastern. Ask questions, get answers, and get rewarded!
The Virtual Fair is where all attendees can connect with healthcare practitioners, current students, and staff from over 20 health professions. Participate by logging into the virtual fair and visiting at least one booth.
Teachers and educators will also be eligible to win one of ten gift cards valued at $100 when you share HPW content with your classroom (either in-person or virtually!). All educators should register (as an individual) for HPW2020, too, in order to receive HPW content for your classroom before any of the “live” events. Most materials will remain available for educators to use into winter and spring 2021.
HPW is a nationwide collaboration between today’s healthcare and education organizations designed to provide reliable, accessible resources to explore careers in the health professions. If you are considering a future in the health professions, HPW is your one-stop-shop to explore over 20 career options. Registrants receive access to a personalized website with curated, on-demand content introducing the participating health professions, as well as access to exclusive live events featuring opportunities for one-on-one career advice. All prospective health professionals are welcome to register for #HPW2020, including career changers, high school, college and graduate students, both domestic and international.
2020 Participating professions included:
- Anesthesiologist Assistant – Association of Anesthesiologist Assistant Education Programs
- Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology – American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Chiropractic – Association of Chiropractic Colleges
- Dental Professions – American Dental Education Association
- Health Administration – Association of University Programs in Health Administration
- Medicine – Association of American Medical Colleges
- Naturopathic Medicine – Association of Accredited Naturopathic Medical Colleges
- Nurse Anesthetist – American Association of Nurse Anesthetists
- Nursing – American Association of Colleges of Nursing
- Occupational Therapy – American Occupational Therapy Association
- Optometry – Association of Schools and Colleges of Optometry
- Orthotics and Prosthetics – National Commission on Orthotic and Prosthetic Education
- Osteopathic Medicine – American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine
- Pharmacy – American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy
- Physical Therapy – American Physical Therapy Association
- Physician Assistant – American Academy of Physician Assistants, Physician Assistant Education Association
- Podiatric Medicine – American Association of Colleges of Podiatric Medicine
- Public Health – Association of Schools and Programs of Public Health
- Respiratory Therapy – American Association of Respiratory Care
- Veterinary Medicine – Association of American Veterinary Medical Colleges