Health Professions Week
Saturday, November 16
Health Talks – Watch these short, impactful videos from a variety of professionals in health careers. Details.
Sunday, November 17
Virtual Treasure Hunt – Track down gold coins and uncover a career you will treasure. Details.
Monday, November 18, 2019
Self-Care – Learn tips for self-care and how to balance your life and career from five health professionals. Details.
Tuesday, November 19
HPW Chat – Join HPW at 2pm ET for a chat about mentoring and shadowing. Details.
Wednesday, November 20
Financial Literacy – View financial resources and develop an action plan for financing your education. Details.
Thursday, November 21
Virtual Fair – Log in to this live event to chat with professionals and students from 21 professions. Details.
HPW is a nationwide collaboration between today’s healthcare and education organizations designed to provide reliable, accessible resources to explore careers in the health professions. If you are considering a future in the health professions, HPW is your one-stop-shop to explore over 20 career options. Registrants receive access to a personalized website with curated, on-demand content introducing the participating health professions, as well as access to exclusive live events featuring opportunities for one-on-one career advice. All prospective health professionals are welcome to register for #HPW2019, including career changers, high school, college and graduate students, both domestic and international.
Participating professions include:
- Anesthesiologist Assistant – Association of Anesthesiologist Assistant Program Directors
- Athletic Training – National Athletic Training Association
- Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology – American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Chiropractic – Association of Chiropractic Colleges
- Dental Professions – American Dental Education Association
- Health Administration – Association of University Programs in Health Administration
- Medicine – Association of American Medical Colleges
- Naturopathic Medicine – Association of Accredited Naturopathic Medical Colleges
- Nurse Anesthetist – American Association of Nurse Anesthetists
- Nursing – American Association of Colleges of Nursing
- Occupational Therapy – American Occupational Therapy Association
- Optometry – Association of Schools and Colleges of Optometry
- Orthotics and Prosthetics – National Commission on Orthotic and Prosthetic Education
- Osteopathic Medicine – American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine
- Pharmacology – American Society for Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics
- Pharmacy – American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy
- Physical Therapy – American Physical Therapy Association
- Physician Assistant – American Academy of Physician Assistants, Physician Assistant Education Association
- Podiatric Medicine – American Association of Colleges of Podiatric Medicine
- Public Health – Association of Schools & Programs of Public Health
- Radiologic Technologists – American Society of Radiologic Technologists