If you’re in the process of choosing a career, the recently released U.S. News & World Report 100 Best Jobs list suggests that you can’t go wrong with health care. The overall list has 100 jobs and there are 12 mutually exclusive lists broken down by occupational industry. Those considering a health care job will be most interested in the Best Health Care Jobs List and the Best Health Care Support Jobs List.
You don’t have to filter the list too far to find health care opportunities as 8 of the top 10 overall jobs are health care related. Specifically:
- Dentist – 23,300 projected jobs and $152,700 median salary
- Nurse Practitioner – 44,700 projected jobs and $98,190 median salary
- Physician Assistant – 28,700 projected jobs and $98,180 median salary
- Statistician – this could easily be related to the health care field!
- Orthodontist – 1,500 projected jobs and $187,200 median salary
- Nurse Anesthetist – 7,400 projected jobs and $157,140 median salary
- Pediatrician – 3,600 projected jobs and $170,300 median salary
- Computer systems analyst – again, a job that could be located in a hospital or other medical building/company.
- Obstetrician and Gynecologist – 4,300 projected jobs and $187,200 median salary
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon – 1,200 projected jobs and $187,200 median salary
Aside from the computer systems analyst, all of these top 10 jobs have an unemployment rate lower than 1%. Add to that the fact that these positions can be found almost everywhere geographically and it’s clear that any one of these jobs would be a great choice if it matches your interests and talents. Start exploring which one is best for you right here on ExploreHealthCareers.org.